Tips for visiting Kauai’s Farmer’s Markets (also known as Sunshine Markets):
- Go early if you can for the best selection!
- Bring cash with you as most vendors accept cash only. Smaller bills like 1’s, 5’s, 10’s are even better!
- Bring a tote bag or two with you to hold all of the delicious tropical fruits you will find!
- Treat yourself to a bouquet of tropical flowers if you are lucky to find them! They will last your entire visit and we have vases under the kitchen sink for you to use!
Kapa’a Farmer’s Markets close by:
- Wednesdays 3:00-4:30 PM, on the soccer field across the street (ocean side) from Kountry Kitchen. If you are walking north (ocean on your right), go up the bike path about 2 miles. The soccer field is next to the bike path. If you are driving you will need to park pretty far away because it will be crowded. This is our favorite farmer’s market and it’s a big one. This is also our favorite spot for buying gorgeous Hawaiian bouquets.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00-1:00 PM, Coconut Marketplace (right next to the condo). This market is small but has a nice variety for its size and convenient location next to the condo.
There are many additional farmer’s markets and roadside stands all over the island. You can always recognize them by the tents and stream of people walking toward them with their tote bags. Pull over and take a look!
Here are additional resources to check out: